Yellow fever vaccination
- Yellow fever vaccine is recommended for laboratory workers who work with the yellow fever virus.
- Yellow fever vaccine is recommended for people ≥9 months of age who are travelling to an area with a risk of yellow fever virus
The following travellers are recommended to receive a booster dose if their last vaccine dose was 10 years ago or more:
- women who were pregnant (in any trimester) when they received their 1st dose of yellow fever vaccine
- people who had HIV when they received their 1st dose of yellow fever vaccine
- people who will be staying in a high-risk location for an extended period of time
- people travelling to an area with ongoing outbreaks
Yellow fever vaccination is provided by our certified doctor Dr Sovan Dey
Lab Workers should have their antibody titres measured if their last vaccine dose was 10 years ago or more to check that they still have protective antibody levels.
People who have had a haematopoietic stem cell transplant after a dose of yellow fever vaccine are recommended to receive an extra vaccine dose if they will be in an area with a risk of yellow fever virus transmission.